Sunday, July 1, 2012

"Happy Birthday America"

America will  turn 236 years old this week.  Birthdays are meant to  be happy and joyful occasions.   I have mixed feelings about this  years birthday celebration. I am happy and grateful that  we still enjoy freedoms like no other place in the world but I am sad that we as  a Nation have turned our back on God. This morning in our Bible class we sang God Bless America, "the land that I love, stand beside her and guide her".  I sang this song with sadness in my heart because our Nation has turned its back on God.

Earlier in the  morning our congregation along with millions of other Christians in America got down on bended knees and we ask God to forgive our sinful ways. We ask Him to raise up leaders that will lead us to paths of righteousness. We ask him to restore the Godly foundation that this nation was built on.

 Where did we go wrong? When did we first turn away from God? I don't know the answer to that question. I suppose like many other Americans I was too busy in self indulgence to notice when things began to change.

Last week the Republicans raised over 4 million dollars in one day which will be spent on this years Presidental election. The Democrats boasted that they had rasied more than the Republicans.  Conservatively speaking lets assume that both parties together raised 9 million dollars in one day which will be spent on advertisements to solicit my vote and yours.

I could not help but think about all the children in the world who do not know where their next meal will come from. I thought about the thousands of children that will die this week because they will not have access to clean water. Think about it, Healing Hands International could have drilled 1,875 water wells and provided clean water for  6,375,000 children with this 9 million dollars.

God please forgive our sinful ways and raise up leaders that will restore our country to a Godly Nation.

Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment